Rising juniors and seniors in high school can apply to take classes at UW–Madison during Summer Term, where they’ll earn college credit for face-to-face and online courses.
Students take courses with experienced college students and establish an official UW–Madison transcript. Summer Term courses are taught at an accelerated pace, so students should be ready to take responsibility for their academic plans and performance.
- Face-to-face courses are offered on campus as commuter or residential programs. There is no housing available for minors on campus taking for-credit coursework, unless the student is part of a specialized residential program such as Imaging Self (see below).
- Online courses are available to students who do not live in the Madison area or are unable to attend face-to-face courses. UW–Madison offers over 300 online courses during Summer Term, so you can be a Badger from anywhere in the country or the world.
For eligibility requirements, application information and advising, connect with our office that admits high school students.
Badger Precollege and Youth Programs
Learn. Discover. Grow.
UW–Madison offers a number of noncredit residential opportunities to high school students during Summer Term. These include:
- Accelerated Learning Program (ALP): Offered by the Badger Precollege, this popular program offers advanced learners opportunities to take challenging courses throughout the state. Learn about ALP
- Badger Summer Scholars: Combining college-level coursework with an immersive campus experience, Badger Summer Scholars offers students the opportunity to interact with UW–Madison faculty in an academic area of their choice. Learn about Badger Summer Scholars
- EducationUSA Academy: Designed for international students, this program provides students ages 15-17 the tools and experiences to excel in the American college preparatory environment, going beyond academics to include all components of student development. Learn about EducationUSA Academy
- Summer Music Clinic: Celebrating over 90 years, Summer Music Clinic invites young musicians to a week of music and memory making on the UW–Madison campus. Middle and high school students learn from experienced educators, share their talent and shine. Learn about Summer Music Clinic