Summer Term offers 90+ flexible class lengths throughout May, June, July, and August. Most courses are 3-to-8 weeks in length. Learn more about UW-Madison summer courses and programs!
Want take a class at a certain time?
- Go to the Schedule of Classes at the Office of the Registrar.
- Look for General Public and click Public Class Search.
- Under the drop-down menu for Term, choose Summer.
- Under Class Meeting/Instructor, sort by start and end times and days of week.
View the list of Summer 2017 session lengths to get a sense of start and end dates for 2018 courses.
Add & Drop Deadlines
Deadlines vary widely depending on the summer sessions(s) you are enrolled in. Specific deadline dates can be viewed in your MyUW Student Center. Use the calendar icon displayed on your Summary Grid on the Student Center homepage as well as your My Class Schedule page. Contact the Office of the Registrar Enrollment Services Helpline, 608-262-0920, with questions.
- Add & drop deadlines with refund information
- Guidelines for summer enrollment actions (including “drop” vs “withdraw” information)
NEW 4-week Session:
May 1 - June 12, 2018
Early 3-week Session:
May 29 - June 17, 2018
June 18 - August 12, 2018
June 18 - July 15, 2018
July 16 - August 12, 2018