Take advantage of an early 4-week session, (dates tbd). Choose from classes that fulfill a variety of requirements, from communication to ethnic studies and biological sciences. Complete a course early, have the rest of your summer free!
If the early session doesn’t fit your schedule, Summer Term has flexible class lengths throughout May, June, July, and August. Most courses are 3-to-8 weeks in length. Learn more about UW–Madison summer courses and programs.
With more than 1,000 courses on campus and over 200 online, Summer Term offers great choices and convenient times for everyone.
- Summer Term enrollment begins (dates tbd). Current students will receive their assigned enrollment times for summer 2021 (dates tbd).
- Visiting students can enroll (dates tbd).
Want to take a class at a certain time?
- Go to the Schedule of Classes at the Office of the Registrar.
- Look for General Public and click Public Class Search.
- Under the drop-down menu for Term, choose Summer.
- Under Class Meeting/Instructor, sort by start and end times and days of week.
View the list of 2021 Summer Session Codes.
Add & Drop Deadlines
Deadlines vary widely depending on the summer sessions(s) you are enrolled in. Specific deadline dates can be viewed in your MyUW Student Center. Use the calendar icon displayed on your Summary Grid on the Student Center homepage as well as your My Class Schedule page. Contact the Office of the Registrar with questions.
Early 4 week
May 17-June 11
June 14-Aug. 6
June 14-July 9
July 12-Aug. 6