UW-Madison Undergraduate Scholarship for Summer Study
Summer Term is fortunate to be able to provide undergraduate scholarships for summer study. These are need-based awards given to high-achieving undergraduate students seeking financial support to attend Summer Term at UW-Madison.
Apply for the UW-Madison Undergraduate Scholarship for Summer Study using your campus NetID and password to log into the scholarships.wisc.edu scholarship application portal. Answer all of the Filter Questions in the Find Scholarship Applications section to find currently available scholarships and applications.
This need-based scholarship is awarded to high-achieving undergraduate students (of any major) seeking financial support to take courses in the upcoming summer session. Scholarship availability and amounts are subject to vary. The application will open March 1, 2017 and must be submitted by April 4, 2017.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate degree-seeking student at UW-Madison.
- Be in good academic standing and have a cumulative GPA that reflects academic success.
- Priority is given to continuing students; that is, to students who intend to enroll for the fall semester after their summer enrollment).
- Preference is given to students taking a full credit load in summer (6-9 credits). Students taking less than 6 credits will be considered.
- Preference is given to students demonstrating financial need.
- Preference is given to students taking UW-Madison online and on campus courses.
- Freshmen and sophomores are strongly encouraged to apply.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for international students.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for students taking summer Study Abroad through UW-Madison (UW Signature Study Abroad programs are given priority).
Completed applications are evaluated by a scholarship committee using the above eligibility criteria. Successful applicants should also have well-written responses to the application questions.
We expect to award several scholarships ranging from $500-$1,500. Scholarship recipients will be notified by April 28, 2017.
This scholarship requires a completed FAFSA form on file with UW-Madison for domestic students. Scholarship availability and amounts are subject to vary.