Scholarship opens February 13, and closes April 9, 2023
In summer 2022, over 1,000 students received $500-$1,000 scholarship offers through this award. Each summer, more than 13,000 students enroll in summer courses offered on campus or online.
Summer Term is fortunate to be able to provide undergraduate scholarships for summer study. These are need-based awards given to high-achieving undergraduate students seeking financial support to attend Summer Term at UW–Madison. Scholarship availability and amounts are subject to vary, though typically awards range from $500-1,000. Please note that if you apply for both the Summer Finish and the Undergraduate Scholarship for Summer Study you are not able to receive both awards. If selected, you will only receive one of the awards.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate degree-seeking student at UW–Madison.
- Be in good academic standing and have a cumulative GPA that reflects academic success.
- Enroll in at least one UW–Madison summer course by April 9, 2023.
- FAFSA required prior to awarding decisions for domestic students.
- Students that are unable to file the FAFSA are eligible to apply and should utilize the open responses financial need question on the application to explain their level of need. (Note: students without a FAFSA on file are not eligible for the early notification option.)
Apply for the UW–Madison Undergraduate Scholarship for Summer Study using your campus NetID and password to log into the Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH) scholarship application portal. Application opens February 13, 2023 and closes April 9, 2023.
Completed applications are evaluated by a scholarship committee using the above eligibility criteria. Applicants should also have well-written responses to the application questions.
Please note, Spring 2023 Transfer students should not apply for this award and should review the Transfer Scholars Summer Award Information.
We expect to award scholarships ranging from $500-$1,000. Scholarship recipients will be notified by the end of April 2023.
Early Notification Option
Students with a current FAFSA on file and demonstrated financial need who complete their Undergraduate Scholarship for Summer Study application before midnight March 19, 2023, may be eligible to receive their scholarship decision by the end of March, before summer course enrollment opens.
Students without a current FAFSA on file, and students without financial need, can still submit their application by March 19, 2023, but they will not receive a decision until late April. In particular, international students who cannot file a FAFSA will not receive a decision until late April.
A scholarship to help you complete your degree this summer
Is graduation just a few courses away? If so, congrats! Complete your degree this summer with help from Summer Finish, a $1,000 scholarship to help students like you reach the finish line.
To apply for this scholarship, complete the following process:
- Before applying, talk with your advisor to make sure you’re eligible.
- Complete the scholarship application in the Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH) by April 9, 2023. Applications are open February 13, 2023.
- Apply to graduate this summer by April 9, 2023.
Please note that if you apply for both the Summer Finish and the Undergraduate Scholarship for Summer Study you are not able to receive both awards. If selected, you will only receive one of the awards.
For more information about scholarships and other types of financial aid, visit the Office of Student Financial Aid and WiSH.