Students from Other Colleges are Welcome at Summer Term!
The University of Wisconsin–Madison is a world-class university, nationally and internationally recognized for our academic excellence, incredible students, inspiring faculty, exceptional value, and an amazing campus and community. Explore the breadth of options available to you during Summer Term at UW–Madison.
Helpful Links Regarding Tuition & Fees
Please contact University Housing for more information and how to apply. Located in the heart of campus, with easy access to bus lines, dining halls, fitness centers, and more, they’re a convenient place to live and get to know other students.
Looking for off-campus housing near UW–Madison? The Campus Area Housing (CAH) office maintains a free, searchable list of rental vacancies, sublets, Private Housing Connections properties, and roommate openings in apartments and houses.
Tuition & Fees
Several support offices on campus will assist you with different aspects of your summer tuition and fees.
The Bursar’s Office posts the summer tuition and fee rates for all students. The Bursar’s Office provides the tuition bill as an electronic eBill. The Bursar’s Office sends an alert to students’ wisc.edu and to Authorized Payers’ e-mail when a new eBill is available to view on the secure website. The Office of Student Financial Aid assists students in determining eligibility for grants and loans.
Applying is easy and there’s no obligation
- Explore our summer courses and programs.
- Gain prior approval from your current institution to ensure these credits will be accepted toward your degree. Most schools have a formal process for doing this.
- Apply to UW-Madison using the University Special Student Application (even if you attend another UW campus). International students, click here.
- Send your most recent, official transcript from all higher education institutions attended to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Allow 5 to 7 days for application processing.
- After you are admitted, follow UW-Madison enrollment instructions to enroll in courses, beginning in April.
When you have completed your course and your grades have been posted in your MyUW Student Center, be sure to order a transcript to be sent to your academic institution.
Top Reasons to Attend Summer Term
The summer classroom: an archaeological dig, Bascom Hill or your living room. No matter what format, you get an outstanding UW–Madison experience.
It’s actually less expensive to complete your degree in four years with two Summer Terms, rather than taking a fifth year. Scholarships are available to help with any unanticipated costs.
Lighten your load now and have more time for internships or other opportunities down the line.
Push yourself in a challenging class or get a jump on one of our most in-demand courses.
We’ve got you covered: No apartment? No job? No problem! Housing and employment are available on campus in the summer.