Make Summer Term work for you
Start your summer planning now with the Summer 2020 Course Search & Enroll Preview, a snapshot of more than 200 courses UW-Madison will offer during Summer Term 2020. (The complete list of 1,000 Summer Term courses will be available January 8, 2020.) Explore courses by subject, along with details on fulfillments and requirements.
Check out these summer options, then contact your advisor to discuss if Summer Term courses could fit into your academic career.
Important dates for spring and summer terms
Unlike fall and spring terms, Summer Term session dates and lengths vary. Courses are taught at an accelerated pace, so be sure to schedule courses when you can meet study and homework demands.
- January 8, 2020: Full Summer Term 2020 Course Search and Enroll App released with the complete list of 1,000 summer courses, including dates, times, and locations.
- January 31, 2020: Spring drop deadline. If you are considering adjusting your spring 2020 schedule based on courses available during Summer Term, be sure to do so by this date for 100% tuition adjustment. Make sure to check out the full Course Search and Enroll App for details on dates, times, and locations in advance of the first spring drop deadline so the classes fit into your summer plans.
- March 30, 2020: Summer Term enrollment begins. Any adjustments to summer courses (including updates to dates, times, locations, or course cancellations) after this date will be communicated by the academic departments.
Taking a Summer Term course (or two!) can help you:
- Stay on track for graduation
- Lighten your load in spring and fall
- Enroll in popular and required courses
- Focus on a particularly challenging course
- Learn from anywhere, with online courses