Arts and Humanities
Subjects like history, literature, philosophy, and music foster critical thinking and provide valuable context no matter what major you choose. That’s why UW-Madison and many other colleges require undergrads to take courses in humanities and the arts.
Make progress toward your degree this summer by meeting requirements such as language, literature, and ethnic studies, and become a well-rounded learner in the process. Contact your advisor to see which courses might help you graduate faster or lighten your load in a future semester.
Summer arts and humanities courses include:
- Classics 370: Classical Mythology
- English 142: Mystery and Crime Fiction (online)
- History 306: The United States Since 1945
- Music 113: Music in Performance
- Music 151: Basic Concepts of Music Theory (online)
- Philosophy 341: Contemporary Moral Issues
Search all Arts and Humanities courses by subject.