Are you interested in a career in human or veterinary medicine, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, pharmacy, or another health care field? Whether you’re pursuing a direct-entry healthcare major (such as Nursing) or considering professional school in a health care field after graduation, Summer Term can help you fulfill requirements for the curriculum of your choice and meet prerequisites for future courses. Choose from face-to-face lectures, labs, online courses, and internships to enhance your science knowledge, grow your professional skills and study issues affecting health-care systems in the United States and beyond.
As always, talk with your academic advisor about how these and other courses of interest relate to your overall degree requirements. Pre-Health students are also encouraged to utilize the Center for Pre-Health Advising resources throughout their undergraduate careers.
Browse the list below to see some Summer Term courses that may help you make progress toward your degree. UW–Madison undergraduates can visit the Center for Pre-Health Advising for details on preparing for a health care career while at UW–Madison.
UW-Madison is a leader in healthcare
The UW Hospital has received Magnet Recognition®, the most prestigious honor for nursing excellence and quality patient care.
The UW Carbone Cancer Center is Wisconsin’s only comprehensive cancer center, the highest designation the National Cancer Institute awards to health care institutions.
UW–Madison’s School of Medicine and Public Health is one the nation’s best, with a #14 ranking from U.S. News & World Report for best medical schools in primary care.
Mathematics & Physics
- Math 211: Calculus*
- Math 221: Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
- Statistics 301: Introduction to Statistical Methods*
- Statistics 371: Introductory Applied Statistics for the Life Sciences*
- Physics 103: General Physics
- Physics 104: General Physics
- Physics 202: General Physics
- Biochemistry 501: Introduction to Biochemistry*
- Chemistry 103: General Chemistry I
- Chemistry 104: General Chemistry II
- Chemistry 343: Introduction to Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry 344: Introduction to Organic Chemistry Lab
- Microbiology 101: General Microbiology*
- Microbiology 303: Biology of Microorganisms
- Zoology 101: Animal Biology*
- Anatomy and Physiology 338: Human Anatomy Laboratory
- Anatomy and Physiology 335: Physiology
- Genetics 466: Principles of Genetics*
- Human Development & Family Studies 362: Development of Young Child*
- Nursing 105: Health Care Systems: Interdisciplinary Approach*
- Rehabilitation Psychology & Special Education 300: Individuals with Disabilities*
- Genetics 133: Genetics in the News*
Anatomy and Physiology
- Anatomy & Physiology 335 Physiology
- Anatomy & Physiology 337 Human Anatomy
- Anatomy & Physiology 338 Human Anatomy Laboratory